Effective Date: October 11, 2016
If there’s anything you don’t understand in the TOU (or anywhere else on the Services), please contact us using the contact information below.
If you are under the age of majority in your country, and are not an emancipated minor (in countries that permit this) you must have your parent’s or guardian’s consent to enter into these TOU and to use the Services and by using of the Services you acknowledge that you have received such consent.
1. Your Acceptance of the TOU
By accessing or using the Services (whether or not you are a registered member), you, your heirs, and assigns (collectively, “you”) are entering into a binding legal agreement with Ask.fm Europe, Ltd., an Irish company with registration number 551873 and its registered office is at 6th Floor, South Bank House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland. Ireland is a member of the European Union, so the ASKfm is subject to Irish and EU law.
2. Eligibility and Registration
a) Age Requirements. By accessing or using the Services, you affirm that you are either over the age of majority in your country, an emancipated minor, or possess legal parental or guardian consent, and are fully able and competent to enter into and comply with the terms and conditions in the TOU. In any case, you affirm that you are at least 13 years old. If you are under 13 years of age, you are not permitted to access or use the Services. If we become aware that you are using the Services even though you are under 13 and not permitted to do so, we will deactivate your account and attempt to block you from accessing the Services.
b) Compliance with Laws. You are responsible for making sure you follow all laws and regulations in the country in which you live when you access and use the Services. By using the Services, you are confirming that you have not been convicted of, nor are you subject to any court order relating to, assault, violence, sexual misconduct or harassment.
c) To use some parts of the Services, you may be required to register for an account with ASKfm by providing certain information, including your name, email address, and a password. You agree to provide true and accurate information and to update it as necessary to keep it accurate. If you provide us with false information, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate your account. You may also be able to register to use the Services by logging into your account with your credentials from certain third party social networking sites (e.g., Facebook). You confirm that you are the owner of this social media account and that you are entitled to disclose your social media login information to us. You authorize us to collect your authentication information, and other information that may be available on or through your social media account consistent with your applicable settings and instructions.
Only you are allowed to access your account. You must keep your password confidential and, other than sharing it with your parent or guardian if you are a minor, you should not tell anyone your password or let anyone else access your account. (Parents and guardians might also find some useful information here). Sharing your password might lead to all of your posts, messages and personal information being leaked or someone impersonating or pretending to be you. If you don’t keep your password confidential or give it to anyone other than your parent or guardian, we are not responsible for anyone accessing or using your account, including reading or sending messages from it. If you think that someone else might be using your account, you must let us know immediately using the contact information below. You should also immediately change your password. We may terminate your account or block you from accessing the Services if you break the rules on keeping your password secure.
To provide you with ease of access to your account, we may implement technology that enables us to recognize your device and provides you with direct access to your account without requiring you to retype your password when you revisit the Services.
Non-registered users are able to access only the parts of the Services that are publicly available and do not enjoy all of the privileges of being a registered member. They are, however, subject to the TOU.
3. Rules of Conduct
When using the Services, you must not post or send anything which:
- Is mean, is bullying someone or is intended to harass, scare or upset anyone;
- Is deliberately designed to provoke or antagonize people, especially trolling;
- Uses rude words or is intended to upset or embarrass anyone;
- Encourages dangerous or illegal activities or self-harm;
- Depicts horrible, shocking or distressing things;
- Is obscene or pornographic, contains any pictures of naked people, is sexually explicit or depicts graphic violence;
- Contains any threat of any kind, including threats of physical violence to yourself or others;
- Is racist or discriminates based on someone’s race, religion, age, gender, disability or sexuality;
- Infringes other individual’s privacy rights;
- Is illegal, could expose ASKfm to legal liability, or encourages people to get involved in anything which is illegal (for example, drugs, violence, or crime);
- Is defamatory or violates any third party’s rights, including breach of confidence, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, privacy right, right of publicity, or any other intellectual property right;
- Constitutes spam, attempts to sell anything to other users, or competes with the business of ASKfm;
- Contains any computer virus or other malicious code designed to attack, damage, divert, take over, disable, overburden, or otherwise impair the Services;
- Collects user content or information, or otherwise accesses the Services using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our prior permission;
- Violates any robot exclusion headers of the site, if any, or bypasses or circumvents other measures employed to prevent or limit access to the Services;
- Shares, recompiles, decompiles, disassembles, reverse engineers, or makes or distributes any other form of, or any derivative work from, the Services;
- Attempts to scrape or collect any personal or private information from other users or from the Services;
- Pretends to come from someone other than you, or where you are impersonating someone else;
- Intercepts or monitors, damages, or modifies any communication not intended for you;
- May cause any harm or damage to you or anyone else;
- Otherwise breaches the TOU; or
- Attempts to do any of the foregoing.
- We reserve the right, at any time and without prior notice, to remove or disable access to any content for any reason or no reason. Some of the reasons we may remove or disable access to content may include finding the content objectionable, in violation of the TOU or otherwise harmful to the Services or our users.
- You acknowledge that we have no obligation to monitor your access to or use of the Services for violations of the TOU, or to review or edit any content. However, we have the right to do so for the purpose of operating and improving the Services (including without limitation for fraud prevention, risk assessment, investigation and customer support purposes), to ensure your compliance with the TOU and to comply with applicable law or the order or requirement of a court, consent decree, administrative agency or other governmental body. We can also block or respond to content that we determine is otherwise objectionable or as set forth in the TOU. In addition, you acknowledge that we have your consent to monitor and block content that we consider to be harassing or bullying.
- We may access, preserve or disclose any of your information if we are required to do so by law, or if we believe in good faith that it is reasonably necessary to (i) respond to claims asserted against us or to comply with legal process (for example, subpoenas or warrants), including those issued by courts having jurisdiction over us or you, (ii) enforce or administer our agreements with users, such as these TOU; (iii) for fraud prevention, risk assessment, investigation, customer support, providing the Services or engineering support, or (iv) protect the rights, property or safety of ASKfm, the users of the Services, or members of the public.