ASKfm is looking for Senior Systems Administrator in Riga, Latvia, or Kiev, Ukraine.
ASKfm is a global social network built on a Q&A format with millions of users across more than 150 countries. Through the exchange of questions and answers we aim to be a safe, fun, and engaging place for our users. Come be a part of a small nimble systems operations team. We are looking for a great Systems Administrator to join our team, working on maintaining all Ask.fm services globally. We work in a high scale environment, 1000+ hosts in production and growing, serving 2 gigabytes of traffic per second at peak times. We serve 2.5 petabytes of media content per month. Our site has over 10 million visitors per day and we see 40,000 requests per second at peak times.
What you get to do:
- Work on a small team; 6 people are managing the whole fleet. We are like sysops ninjas here
- Support and improve a constantly growing number of Linux servers (1000+) in production and dev/staging environments
- Work on complex infrastructure projects. For example, a petabyte data migration or a new datacenter setup
- Gain experience in supporting some of the latest technologies and frameworks.
- Work on cutting edge technology (Kafka, Spark, ZooKeeper, AWS, ElasticSearch, Docker) in an open source environment. We do not use any proprietary software in production
- Research and develop new infrastructure-related products and tools, including monitoring systems, automatic deployment systems, etc
- Work on the laptop of your choice with tools you like
- Work shifts (on-call rotation) outside of normal business hours. This includes production monitoring, reporting, problems investigation and elimination. You will get a day off for it – yay!
- Work closely with Dev, QA and other teams to make Ask.fm the best social network out there
You need to have (required):
- You are highly experienced in Linux System Administration (5+ years experience in a similar role)
- You are very knowledgeable in web application support
- You know how to run large (100+ hosts) infrastructures
We’d like you to have (preferred):
- You are familiar with MySQL and Redis administration (performance, tuning, replication, backups)
- You are familiar with HAProxy and Nginx
- You are familiar with Puppet, Chef, or other configuration management systems
- Comfortable working closely with developers – we collaborate closely over Slack and Skype
- Experience being ‘on call’ outside of normal business hours
- You will get a joke about UDP
Please click APPLY or submit your CV and Cover letter marked System Administrator to firstname.lastname@example.org.