Senior RubyOnRails Developer
At ASKfm, our premise is simple: we believe questions and answers are the building blocks of conversation, self-expression, and deeper understanding. As the only global social network built on a Q&A format, we bring more than 200 million people together across more than 150 countries. Unlike other social networks, how you engage with friends and express yourself on ASKfm is done through the lens of what other people want to know. Through the natural exchange of questions and answers we aim to be a safe, fun, and engaging place for learning more about yourself, and exploring the social world around you.
ASKfm is looking for experienced Senior RubyOnRails Developer.
What you get to do:
- maintain and implement additional features to the website for millions of people all over the world;
- be participated in all stages of features implementation: from idea to production;
- work closely with the QA team and PM to improve the quality of product;
- optimize environment and development process for better efficiency.
- 4+ years experience in RoR;
- basic knowledge of Debian/Ubuntu (or any other) Linux at user level;
- you are ready to be efficient in business oriented development;
- strong knowledge in DB structure and efficient SQL requests;
- ability to communicate with team in English. (level Intermediate+)
We’d like you to have:
- understanding of web services and networking;
- theoretical knowledge and/or practical experience in web software testing is a bonus. (Cucumber, RSpec)